This is happening for Kitchener games a fair bit. A person comes into the "lineup" and immediately signs up to play. They want to be a goalie but they dont know how, so they pay and sign up as a skater.
The steps to correct this are:
- make the correction in the Kitchener lineup (tick the "G" next to their name)
- give a refund for the fee (use the behind the scenes view for the game to find the charge and refund it via Stripe dashboard)
- move the person from "skaters" attendance lineup to the "goalies" attendance lineup
The last step is not straightforward, but it is easy and quick. Here are the steps:
- Open up the Game admin page and scroll down to the bottom where you'll see a link to "Goalie lineup". Hover on the link (or click on it) to get the ID for that lineup from the URL.
- Now that you have the ID for the goalie lineup, click on the skater lineup
- Click on the "User Responses" link
- Find the entry that is the "latest response" for the user you wish to change
- Click that entry to open the admin page for that user response
- Change the Line up ID on this page so that it is the ID for the goalie lineup found in step 1
- Click save
Once this is done, you should be able to see a goalie designation for the user on the game page. At this point, the user is a goalie, they're refunded, and they will be able to goalie in any game in the future.